Monday, May 3, 2010

Design Spotlight: Street Art

My favorite idea site, good.is, features an article about how street cleaners in Melbourne unknowingly painted over a Banksy Rat stencil while cleaning up grafitti nearby. This raises the question, 'Should there be more methods to preserve street art?' I say the government and communities need to first show more support of public art. This medium has the potential to inspire and beautify neighborhoods that are otherwise dismal. I believe it is a general understanding for street artists that their work may be temporary, which can be part of the attraction. Here is the now-removed Banksy Rat stencil, and a few more street art images courtesy of good.is and Wooster Collective blog.
















Here are a couple images contributed by my friend Mark in BERLIN! :)

6 comments:

  1. These are awesome and I love the new header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love photographing amazing street art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on our blog. I was very saddened by the loss of Banksy's rat, although you are right street art is temporary. Amazing shots by the way. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you look closely at our new urban art collection you'll see elements of design made popular by street art.

    ReplyDelete